Director of Oil, Gas ＆ Biofuel Studies Division
José Mauro holds a BSc in Industrial Chemistry, a MSC in Engineering by the Military Institute of Engineering (IME) and a DSc in Energy Planning from COPPE/UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. He has more than 25 years of professional experience in the oil gas and biofuels field. He has also lectured for many years in graduate and undergraduate courses, has three books and more than 30 scientific papers published in peer-reviewed journals or conference proceedings. He is with EPE since 2007.
Director’s Technical Advisor
Alexandre Cobbett holds a bachelor degree in economics by Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC/RJ) in 1985, with professional experience in public management and public finance. He has held executive positions in several public companies in the State of Rio de Janeiro: Fundação Planetário do Rio de Janeiro, where he was the president from 1989 to 1992; Empresa Fluminense de Tecnologia -- Banco de Fomento Tecnológico (FLUTEC), where he was the president from 1995 to 1996; the Government Secretary of Rio de Janeiro State, Assistant Secretary from 2004 to 2006; Rio de Janeiro State Legislative Branch, Advisor of economics matters for the Presidency board from 2011 to 2016. Since January 2017 he has a position in Empresa de Pesquisa Energética (EPE) as advisor for the Oil, Gas and Biofuels Studies Directory.
Head of Oil and Gas Studies Department
- Master in Civil Engineering (Petroleum System) - (UFRJ);
- MBA in O & G (CEFET);
- Specialization in Energy Planning (UFRJ);
- Systems Analyst (PUC-RJ);
- Bachelor of Mathematic (Pedro II).
Professional Experience: (33 years)
- Bamerindus Bank: 1984 - 1986 - Accounting.
- Petrobras: 1986 - 1998, Human Resources, Technical / Informatics Area of E & P.
- Independent consultant: 1998 - 2001;
- National Petroleum and Biofuels Agency: 2001-2005, Production Development Superintendence and Technical Data Superintendence.
- Energy Research Company since 2006. Where he served as Technical Advisor, Deputy Superintendent and is currently the Superintendent of Petroleum (E & P and Supply).
Head of Oil Products and Biofuels Studies Department